John grew up in Arizona, immersed in the game of golf with his father, Peter Kostis. In high school John played for the Brophy Broncos, and earned all-region honors as a junior and senior. He won the regional as a senior with a 64, and was a two-year team co-captain. He was also named an Arizona Interscholastic Association Scholar Athlete in 2006.
John went on to play Division 1 Collegiate golf at The University of Arizona. He was a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar in 2010. He was also a three-time member of the first team All-Pac 10 Academic team. His experience at U of A competing at a high level of college golf began to prepare him to turn pro after he graduated in 2011 with a degree in journalism and a thematic business minor.
At 28, John has seen first hand fifteen years of quality swing instruction from Peter Kostis and Paul Trittler, along with invaluable mental coaching from Bob Rotella and Peter Crone. As a Trackman Certified instructor, this breadth of experience gives him a unique take on the golf swing and the game of golf, making him a highly capable teacher for everyone ranging from beginners to advanced players.
- Trackman Level 2 Certified Instructor
- Matchplay competitor at the 2009 U.S. Amateur
- 2010 Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar
- Three Time First Team All-Pac 10 Academic Team at The University of Arizona
- 15 years experience working with Peter on the fundamentals of the game of golf
Private Lesson Rates
- Adult 1hr: $100
- Adult 1/2hr: $60
- Junior 1hr: $75
- PGA Rate: $80
- Trackman 1hr: $125
- 9-hole Playing Lesson: $325*
- 5hr Package: $400
*Playing lesson includes greens fee and cart
Golf School Pricing
- 1 Day Golf School
- $750/student for group of 1; $650/student for group of 2; $500/student for group of 3 to 4
- 2 Day Golf School
- $1,200/student for group of 1; $1,000/student for group of 2; $800/student for group of 3 to 4
- 3 Day Golf School
- $1,900/student for group of 1; $1,500/student for group of 2; $1,200/student for group of 3 to 4